Posted inTechnology
Dean Jones Offers a COVID-19 Free Solution for T20 World Cup But Fans Are Divided
Former Australian cricketer, Dean Jones, has suggested moving the ICC T20 World Cup to New Zealand considering the country has eradicated COVID-19 successfully with no new cases for over a week. He posted this earlier today on Twitter.
Jacinda Ardern said NZ could move to alert level 1 next week, which means all social distancing measures and curbs on mass gatherings will be lifted, she said. Maybe play the T20 WC there? #justathought
— Dean Jones AM (@ProfDeano) June 3, 2020
New Zealand’s last COVID-19 patient was released from the hospital last week and the government has said that it is likely to lift the social distancing and other restrictions next week.
The mega event is scheduled to be held in Australia from 18th October to 15th November later this year, however, the coronavirus situation in the country is likely to get the event postponed. Cricket Australia has already requested the ICC to move the tournament to 2021 with India’s 2021 T20 World Cup also likely to be delayed..